photo p1_zpsc8a7232f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p2_zpse73671a0.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p3_zps456abd62.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p5_zps95486d0f.png  photo j2_zpsc3f43514.png  photo p4_zps481d5f13.png

Saturday, January 28, 2012

A real whodunit.

I swept, vacuumed and mopped the kitchen floor on Wednesday afternoon.  By Thursday afternoon, I swept the floor again and look at the amount of dirt, dust, grime, and crumbs in the dust pan.


I have to sweep the kitchen floor daily or it looks like the floor of a barn.  Although, I believe there are a few horses and cows out there that might take exception to that as they would claim they don't live in filth like apparently we do.

I was highly annoyed and extremely frustrated that less than 24 hours after sweeping, vacuuming and mopping the floor it was dirty again so I set out to figure out who I should blame for this mess so that they could start cleaning it up from now on.

I put on my Sherlock Holmes hat, got out my notepad and began to solve this mystery.

There are 5 of us living in this house.

My husband has been out of town all week so he could not possible be the one tracking in all of this dirt and dropping all of these crumbs.  Scratch him off the list.

My 92-year-old father in law, although at home all day long, rarely goes outside so in all likelihood it is probably not him messing up my pristine floors.  Scratch him off the list.

My two kids, who are high at the top of the list of suspects, spend 8 hours or more away from the house at school and various other activities.  So chances are slim that it is them tracking dirt in the house all day long.  Darn it - scratch them off the list.  I was really hoping I could place them blame on them!

That just leaves one other culprit.

The person that stays at home all day long, going in and out of the dirty garage countless times per day, and up and down the stairs to the filthy basement a couple of times a day, and out the front door through the front yard to get the mail.

Yep.  You guessed it.

It must be me!

I must be the one making this huge mess on my floors. 


So I guess it's only fitting that I'm the one that has to clean it all up.

sigh

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I sweep my kitchen floor at least 3 times a day. But I blame food.

Colleen said...

Never ever admit it. Always blame the kids.

Grandma T said...

You know the old saying, "a woman's work is never done" and I add, especially with the kitchen floors!!